Welcome to Writing Happiness, I am chuffed, really.
I am Marya. Think Maria with a Y. (And yes, I do have an accent – but you probably guessed that – see my pic on the right?)
I am a blogging coach, trainer and freelance content creator. And I am on a mission to help you get 1,000 subscribers for your business blog.
Let me ask you a few quick questions first (just to see if this blogger-reader thing is going to work out).
Are you someone who needs to grow your email list so you can finally monetize?
Are you a solo-professional or small business owner looking to dramatically improve your content + blogging strategy, without hiring anyone to do the job?
Do you create online content that educates or persuades because you are on a mission?
Do you sell training, coaching, educational products or courses? Are you planning to?
Do you blog for ALL THE RIGHT REASONS??? Hmm .. wonder what that could be.
Do you know what makes you unique and sets you apart from the rest? What is your core message? Need help finding it?
You are in the right place. In fact, we are perfect for each other …
I am a blog strategist who reviews your site and make recommendations on how to optimize it. I specialize in content creation and also help you reach your monetization goals by providing you with content critiques and content marketing techniques.
I can help you write web content that persuades – and grow your business with fantastic results.
I do all of that in a positive, fun manner.
You can read up my story here; how I came to start this blog. It’s pretty ordinary; no lay offs from any sort of jobs, no getting over life threatening illnesses, no life experiments, no selling everything and going around the world kinda story. Just an itch to carry on teaching and helping people …
An everyday story, written by an everyday writer.
- This is me on TV. Thanks for interviewing me Channel 10 for The Project!
Few Things about Me
- I am many things: blogging coach, freelance blogger, teacher, behaviour analyst, qualified lawyer, 24/7 mum and of course imperfectly human!
- I have done hundreds of blog reviews for small business clients and coached many.
- Many well known bloggers have said nice things about me.
- My formal qualifications include a Bachelor at Law and MBA -Marketing. I have 10 year experience of working in academia.
- I teach ‘Blogging for Business’ short courses at TAFE providers locally. I also conduct workshops at local universities.
- I have been featured as an expert and a small business coach on Channel 10′s The Project and couple of other places.
- I am the classic INFJ personality type. ‘The Confidant”.
- I hail from a land down under – Australia.
- I have been a business writer for a number of years. I have also taught Business Communication, Business Writing and ESL to graduate students and worked as a student counsellor – something I enjoyed immensely.
- I am a book lover, a foodie, business self-help addict and obsessed with perfumes.
- When I am excited I write – and then I publish. Typos do creep in and that’s just the way it is. Don’t hate me for that.
- This blog is my writer’s platform. Here, I have permission to be – me. And at this place, I will find my tribe.
- This is a story of my passion – blogging, writing, helping, befriending. It’s very much human, and like all humans are; imperfect and growing.
And this is where I hang out.
Put your feet up, grab a cuppa and stay for a while. And welcome to my world!
I can help you blog better!