‘First Year’ Business Coach
Helping You Get More Clients and Customers
Welcome to Writing Happiness!
I am Marya. Think Maria with a Y.
Before I tell you a little bit about me, let me tell you why you should care.
I am on a mission to help you – a small business owner in the first year of business – attract your first set of clients and customers. Without having to wait for years and years.
Let me ask you a few quick questions first (just to see if this thing is going to work out).
Are you a VNB (Very New Business) looking for your first set of clients or someone wanting to significantly grow your business?
Are you someone who sells coaching or training such as ebooks, programs or live classes? Are you planning to?
Are you also a busy Mum or someone with a J.O.B?
Dare I say, you are an introverted soul and you don’t want to spend hours on social media, make videos or start a podcast?
You are in the right place. In fact, we are perfect for each other …
Let me tell you why.
It took me three years to get where I am today.
I am Marya. I am a Pakistani Australian (and yes, I do have an accent – see my picture above?)
And this is my fourth year of business. A pretty successful business, if I say so myself.
But this hasn’t been the case always. I am not an overnight success story.
I left my full time job to stay home with my kids and deal with a taxing personal situation. I started a blog to save my sanity – more about that in a minute. I fell into freelancing and from there built my own email list, launched an ecourse and started offering consulting services.
How long did it take me? Well, close to three years. (And that’s with an MBA – Marketing and Post Grad Diploma in Education under my belt!)
In 2010, I was blogging (I know some of you have been with me from day 1 and following along in my journey, and I am soo grateful). I started working as a freelance content creator in 2011. For the next two years, I worked part time hours, only switching to working full time last year (2013).
Like most people, it took me three years to reach six figures in my business. I have learnt so much and I know first hand what works for busy mumpreneurs – like yourself – and what doesn’t.
I want to save YOU hours of wasted time, tears and heartache.
While I can’t promise that you will become a millionaire soon, I can help you get your first set of clients and customers, fast. I can help you create your first product or service. I can help you make your first year in business feel like your third.
Without having to spend hours on social media, doing video, podcast or anything you don’t want. Without spending big bucks on an expensive website and having to create tons of content.
I have done it - and I am helping many clients and readers do that, as well.
What do you think? You think you are in the right place?
This is how I do it. I teach you how to optimize your website, revamp your content and build your email list, I also offer coaching packages and courses to help you reach your six figure income goals.
Your website is the best marketing tool there is. Only, if you know how to use it right. (You don’t have to post content daily, you don’t have to ‘become popular’, and you don’t need a big list for business success!)
Fix all the leaks on your website and stop losing readers.
Learn to write blog content that get your audience excited about your products, programs and services!
Convert more subscribers by writing emails that get opened, read and clicked.
And, create landing pages that persuade – and grow your business with fantastic results.
I talk all about that – and more – in a positive, fun manner.
Man this blog is good. Stanford Smith – Pushing Social
You can read my story here (published on Tiny Buddha); how I came to start this blog. It’s pretty ordinary; no lay offs from any jobs, no getting over life threatening illnesses, no life experiments, no selling everything and going around the world kinda story. Just an itch to carry on teaching and helping people …
An everyday story, written by an everyday writer.
This is me on TV (Interview for The Project on Channel 10) Not my best look!
- Here are some excerpts from my happy clients (read more detailed client stories here).
“The coaching gave me the courage to quit my awful law practice job to focus on something meaningful – like my business.” Shannon Brandao – Tutor and coach. Shannontutors.com
“My opt-in rate for my bribe is about 70% at the moment, which I’m just thrilled with.” Kellie O’Brien, Kellie O’Brien Media
“The content opened up a whole new world of things to consider and work on. I love having the worksheets.” Sue Ferguson, Coach
“I think you’ve done an outstanding job.” Peggy Lea Baker. Author, Artist, Entrepreneur. Smashwords.com
“I would definitely recommend you to others.” Rebecca Ward, Lingerie Pattern Technologist. Knit1tea1.com
Few Things about Me
- I am many things: Online marketing consultant, content strategist, freelance blogger, teacher, behaviour analyst, qualified lawyer, 24/7 mum and of course imperfectly human!
- I have been published on leading blogs such as Boost Blog Traffic, Men With Pens, Problogger, Write to Done, Make a Living Writing, Freelance Switch, Firepole Marketing, Tiny Buddha, Dumb Little Man, Stepcase Lifehack and many more.
- I have done hundreds of blog reviews for small business clients and coached many.
- I am the creator of Sell More With Blogging – an 8-week online program (currently in session).
- I teach ‘Blogging for Business’ short courses at TAFE providers locally. I also conduct workshops at local universities.
- My formal qualifications include a Bachelor at Law and MBA -Marketing. I have 10 year experience of working in academia.
- I have been a business writer for a number of years. I have also taught Business Communication, Business Writing and ESL to graduate-level students and worked as a student counselor – something I enjoyed immensely.
- I am the classic INFJ personality type. ‘The Confidant”.
- I hail from a land down under – Australia.
- I am a book lover, a foodie, business self-help addict and obsessed with perfumes.
- When I am excited I write – and then I publish. Typos do creep in and that’s just the way it is. Don’t hate me for that.
- This blog is a story of my passion – blogging, writing, helping, befriending. It’s very much human, and like all humans; imperfect and growing.
And this is where I hang out.
Put your feet up, grab a cuppa and stay for a while. And welcome to my world!